Children often have to suffer from ear infections, as they are quite common among them. There are several factors that become the cause of ear infections in children. However, there are some other factors (environmental as well as beyond anyone’s control) that may increase your child’s ear infection risk.
Here is the list of some common risk factors for ear infections in children:
- Frequently being exposed to cigarette smoke
- Having a family history of ear infections, or have frequent colds or ear infections before.
- To have such allergies as cause congestion
- To go to a day-care center
- To use a pacifier or go to bed with a bottle
- To have low birth weight or being born premature.
- Being male