People who have fair skin or otherwise more susceptible to sunburn are at higher risk for skin cancer. There are some other common risk factors for skin cancer, as listed by the U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- To have a lot of moles or freckles on the skin.
- To have gray, blue or green eyes.
- To have red or blond hair
- To suffer from severe sunburns early in life.
- To have a family history of skin cancer
- To go out in the sun frequently for long hours
So, if you have any of these common risk factors, you need proper care and guidance to avoid the disease.